Gary Redenbacher earned his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law where he won honors in oral advocacy. He also holds an undergraduate degree from the University of California, Santa Cruz, and a master’s degree from Fresno State University.
Mr. Redenbacher’s areas of specialized legal practice include:
- Commercial and residential construction issues including mechanic’s liens, breach of contract, public works and defects;
- Landlord / tenant issues, including evictions;
- Real estate issues including nondisclosure, easements, boundary disputes and rights of way;
- Representation of homeowner associations;
- Representation of nurses, doctors, contractors, architects and others whose professional licenses are subject to suspension or revocation in administrative hearings
- Personal injury lawsuits;
- Pursuing accounts receivable;
- General counsel to smaller firms;
- Civil appeals and writs.
Mr. Redenbacher, frequently retained by other attorneys as a consulting expert for cases involving construction issues, also provides ongoing and preventive counsel to real estate development contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and owners. Although not presently active in building, Mr. Redenbacher remains a licensed general contractor.
A longstanding statewide advocate for children’s issues, since 1993 he has served on the Board of Directors of the Children’s Advocacy Institute. Based at the University of San Diego, CAI is one the most respected child advocacy groups in the nation.
Mr. Redenbacher has served as a judge pro tempore in Santa Cruz County. He also writes a monthly news column addressing subjects of general legal interest. His most recent articles can be read on Press-Banner.
Mr. Redenbacher is the grandson of Orville (1907–1995), the successful businessman best known as the co-founder of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn.
In addition to being a member of Cornerstone Law Group, Mr. Redenbacher is a member of Redenbacher & Brown, LLP.